Maryam Nawaz Sets Deadline for Rawalpindi Ring Road Completion: December 2024

The newly-elected Chief Minister of Punjab, Maryam Nawaz, has directed officials to ensure the completion of the Rawalpindi Ring Road by the end of December. She issued these instructions during a visit to the project site to assess the progress of the work. Officials from NESPAK and Frontier Works Organization (FWO) briefed her on the project’s status.

According to the officials, 24% of the project work has already been completed, and they anticipate finishing the remaining 76% by February 2025. The Rawalpindi Ring Road project involves constructing five interchanges, 11 overpasses, bridges over two rivers, six canals, and a railway bridge. Additionally, it includes building 15 subways and 53 small bridges along the route, along with establishing a designated rest area.

Maryam Nawaz underscored the project’s importance in enhancing transportation efficiency for citizens and highlighted plans to establish industrial zones along the road. She emphasized that the project would create job opportunities for Rawalpindi residents. Furthermore, she instructed officials to name the interchanges along the Rawalpindi Ring Road after their respective villages.

During her visit, Maryam Nawaz was accompanied by former Senator Pervaiz Rasheed, Members of the Punjab Assembly Marriyum Aurangzeb, Uzma Bukhari, Sania Ashiq, the Chief Secretary, concerned secretaries, the Commissioner of Rawalpindi Division, and other officials.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post